What personal data do we collect.
We collect and use information necessary to enable you to purchase and manage services, provide you with support for those services
Your personal data includes information such as:
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Billing and payment information
• Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
How do we collect your data?
Our site uses forms in which you give us contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, billing information, IP address and email address) so you can create an account, place orders, register domains, request information, and request support assistance. As you use your account, we may also collect information through support requests other related types of information that is specific to the management of your account and services with us.
This type of information is legally and/or contractually required to be able to purchase and use services. For example, we are required to be able to verify this type of information upon request by our payment processor. It is also required to be able to serve legal notices to you and is mandated by certain services we offer. In addition, some services, such as domains, require this information for you to purchase them. If you are purchasing a domain from us, we are required by law to collect and retain this information. We are further required to verify that the information provided is accurate and serve legally required notices regarding your domain(s). Consent for the collection, use and retention of this information for these purposes is deemed to be contractually given for the duration of your use of such service and any legally required retention period. We will use this personal information to provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, etc.), such as IP address, cookie information, support services (when you contact our support staff) and personalized experiences on our site and emails. Certain types of collection and use may be optional and controlled.
We may monitor, record, and retain any telephone calls or chat transcripts. We will delete the recordings or transcripts at your request.
We are dedicated to continually improving your experience on our website. Like many companies, we use third-parties to help us track browsing, identify technical issues and provide ways to enhance your overall experience. Several of the tools that we use and what they do are:
• Log Files: We use information gathered about you from our site statistics via log files provided by third-party tracking partners (for example, your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experiences more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
• Gifs: Our website may contain electronic image requests called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with unique identifiers, similar in function to cookies; they are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Our tracking utility company does not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
• Testimonials: We post customer testimonials and or reviews on our website obtained from third-party sources which may contain personally identifiable information. If you would like to request the removal of your testimonial from our website, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we process personal data.
You may only send us your own personal data or the personal data of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We strongly believe in both minimising the personal data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that:
• for which we have been given permission
• Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our services.
• Diagnose problems with and identify any security and compliance risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the services
• Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our services and systems.
• Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products, and services are most relevant to you
• Collect aggregate statistics about use of the services.
• As we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our services and is not linked to any personal data.
Sharing with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
• Processing credit card payments
• Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law
• Serving advertisements
• Conducting contests or surveys
• Performing analysis of our services and customers demographics
• Communicating with you, such as by way of email or survey delivery
• Customer relationship management
• Security, risk management and compliance
• Recruiting support and related services
These third parties (and any subcontractors they may be permitted to use) have agreed not to share, use or retain your personal data for any purpose other than as necessary for the provision of services.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
• if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your personal data may be among the transferred assets.
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data by third parties who are not subject to our control.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests.
We will never share your information without your permission or in ways other than as outlined in this policy. The only exceptions to this are when we are required by law, in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the law, or when we must comply with a legal process. Examples of these types of exceptions are court orders, subpoenas) or to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent the violation of our terms of service.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are legally required to provide your personal data to third parties. We will also share your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with registry rules, regulations, and policies when you register a domain name with us.
How we secure, store, and retain your personal data
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We authorize access to personal data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
• mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
• for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
• needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
When your account is cancelled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of your personally identifiable information is placed in "deactivated" status within our corresponding databases. However, you should know that deactivation of your account does not mean your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information, if necessary, in order to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and/or as required by laws or regulation
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com
How you can access, update, transfer or delete your personal data
You may choose to update or amend any personal data you have submitted to us by contacting us via email or from within your customer account area.
You are entitled to a right to be forgotten. We will delete any personal data that you don’t want us to have. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that personal data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any services purchased.
You may request that we restrict the use of your personal data. When we restrict your personal data, we still have the right to store it but not use it as we are required by law to collect and retain this information
If you should wish to transfer your data from Madrush to another data controller we will facilitate this transfer. We will pass on all of our personal data to the data controller.
Communicating with you.
We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up to or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service-related communications. We also may use this information when it is important for us to contact you regarding functionality changes to services you have purchased and/or our website/mobile app and provide customer service. By creating an account with us and/or purchasing our services, you agree to receive these types of communication and acknowledge that they are not optional
We may also contact you with promotional offers for additional services we think you'll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests or our existing business relationship. These contacts may include:
• Text (SMS) messages
• Telephone calls
• Push notifications via our Madrush app
You are able to opt-out of receiving promotional communications through preferences in your account panel or the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email communication.
If you make use of a service that allows you to import and share contacts (eg. using email marketing services to send emails on your behalf), we will only use the contacts and any other personal data for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal data and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will notify our customers of any confirmed data breaches that has occurred. It is our customers’ responsibility to notify relevant supervisory authority and any affected data subjects of the data breach.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have any queries about this Policy, please contact email@example.com